While PCB Design tools are mostly reserved for PCB design engineers, frequently other engineering disciplines also need to access the design data throughout the PCB design and manufacturing process for reviewing and analyzing the design.
PollEx PCB allows users to view all PCB design objects in detail. PollEx PCB quickly reads entire PCB design data and provides users with convenient ways to explore the design details. Its flexible and intuitive GUIs allow users to easily view and modify ECAD files in various formats.
Its many features include query, measure, finding objects, and various reporting. This module is the basis of other PollEx suite of tools such as PollEx CP, PollEx DFM, and PollEx DFE.
EASY TO USE (INTUITIVE GUI)
Usage is much simpler than that of PCB design tools.
Layer Setting Control
- Layer priority setup
- Artwork/physical order
- Layer composition
[Physical layer mode and Artwork layer mode]
- Searches objects, components, nets...
- Searches linked objects
[Searching all objects of linked combination]
- Layer reverse view
- Components On/Off
- Routing On/Off
- Polygon Fill/No-fill
ACCURATE ECAD READING WITHOUT ANY LOSS.
Can accurately read any complex shapes of ECADs.
Complex Plane Structure
- Can import copper polygon shapes from ECADs without any data loss.
- Meshed or partial plane structures are imported perfectly.
Net 2D/3D and Topology Viewer
- Composite net construction
- Tracking composing objects
- Displaying net topology with pin attributes
- Searching connected pins
PCB Data Generator
- Extracts all necessary data for documentation
- Outputs images of an area or whole size
- Links directly to Microsoft Excel Sheet
- Pin-to-pin length calculation
- Total length calculation
Mark-up with "Red Mark"
- Adding comments
- Attaching documents
- Saving and importing Red Mark files
- Automatic loading
Can Handle any EDA Formats
- Can accurately read any complex shapes of ECADs.
- Includes many features which are not available in PCB design tools.
- Can export to various ECAE formats.
CAN ADD FEATURES REQUESTED BY USERS
Supports customization services.
Extends to other optional products (DFM, DFE, SI or Thermal).
Supports various API (Application Program Interface).
EXTENSION OF POLLEX PCB
PollEx PCB is linked to other Polliwog product family.
PollEx Logic is a schematic design viewer which reads in the design data from various schematic design tools. It shows schematic objects, logic symbols, net connections, and other related objects in individual design sheets. By combining objects users can easily identify the location in the sheet and attributes of the objects. Users can also extract BOM files from the schematic design data. PollEx Logic is the basis of PollEx CP. With the use of PollEx CP users can link and search all objects between physical design data and schematic design sheets.
- Imports multiple ECAD vendors formats.
- Exports multiple vendors netlists.
- Compact data saved in binary.
- Encryption for binary save database.
- Object Query/Search.
- Object wired link and search.
- Easy mark-up and save.
- Symbol and net topology librarians.
- Usage environment for setup and save.
[Logic Data Extractor]
[Can paste to all Windows application]
PollEx CAM is a viewer for 274D and 274X format Gerber files. Users can automatically load an aperture file for 274D format Gerber files. Powerful features of PollEx CAM include easy dragging and dropping for controlling layer and checking difference between two different Gerber data. Combined with PollEx PCB, users can compare physical designs with their Gerber data.
- Automatically detects format of 274D and 274X.
- Automatically searches and reads aperture file for 274D.
- Can import square hole data.
- Capable of reading another Gerber data continuously after one Gerber data.
- Compares and marks up different shapes for two different layers.
- Detects overlapped hole data for single layer and multiple layers.
- Exports to 274X.
[Importing structure of PollEx CAM]
POLLEX CROSS PROBE
PollEx CP compares physical, logic, and table-driven design data each other. It can also check differences between two versions of physical design, schematic design, and BOM. PollEx CP uses data files of PollEx PCB, PollEx Logic, and PollEx BOM. Its powerful features include easy-to-use, robust reporting, and graphical display. Additionally PollEx CP can be employed for checking and comparing attributes of design data from different vendors.
COMPARING 3 POINTS-PCB/SCHEMATIC/BOM
- Detects a point of difference among PCB, Schematic and BOM in few seconds.
- Corrects problems caused by human errors before manufacturing stage.
COMPARING REVISIONS OF SAME DATA TYPE - PCB TO PCB, SCHEMATIC TO SCHEMATIC
- Detects a point of difference between PCB and PCB or Schematic and Schematic.
- Reduces time of engineers in finding a point of changed information (Parts, Components and Nets) .
|[PCP to PCB]||[Logic to Logic]|
OUTPUTS RESULTS IN MS-EXCEL REPORT
- Can get a report for each compared result.
[Export to Ms-Excel report]
After reading in physical design data PollEx BOM can generate ASCII BOM files or table-driven MS-Excel format BOM files. Wise Marker in PollEx BOM can easily import BOM data in ASCII unformatted BOM files. PollEx BOM is linked to PollEx CP to allow users to compare the BOM data with physical and schematic design data.
[To make BOM data and link with PollEx CP]
- Easily imports and handles unformatted BOM with Wise Marker feature.
- Makes structure of MS-Excel data using Wise Marker for setting each column.
- Easily exports to a customized BOM format from PollEx PCB (pdbb file) format.
- Linked to PollEx Cross Probe for comparing 3 Points.
[User customized BOM format]